In the mood for a grape-drenched getaway? Walla Walla was just named America’s Best Wine Region in the 2020 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards, hand-picked by wine experts, from over 250 of the best wine regions in the U.S. Thanks to a truly unique combination of climate, character, charm, and culture, the Walla Walla Valley has become one of the most coveted destinations for a wine-centric holiday, with 120 wineries and 2,800 acres of grapes, distributed across five main districts. Each district has its own distinct feel, yet all combine to make Walla Walla wine country unmatched by any other. To save you time and energy I’ve created the Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide, a comprehensive resource to help plan your visit to Washington’s vibrant wine valley destination.
This post is in partnership with Visit Walla Walla, Gray Mountain Photography, Toyota USA, and Honest Chatter.
Where is Walla Walla?
Walla Walla is in the southeastern region of Washington, approximately 4 hours from Portland, 4.5 hours from Seattle, and only 6 miles north of the Oregon border.
There are multiple routes to get to Walla Walla, by air or car.
Walla Walla Airport (ALW) offers daily direct flights to and from Seattle (SEA). To book your flight, visit Alaska Airlines. Tri Cities Airport (PSC) is located just 50 minutes from Walla Walla.
The links below will offer directions from each city to Walla Walla via Google Maps.
From Seattle: 273 miles, 4.5 hour drive time
From Portland: 243 miles, 4.0 hour drive time
From Spokane: 158 miles, 3 hour drive time
From Boise: 252 miles, 4 hour drive time
For this trip we partnered with Toyota and their 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Luxury SUV.
The ultimate expression of luxury and capability, the 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser is ready to make an impression wherever you go. A powerful 381-hp V8 and legendary off-road 20 prowess help you tackle some of the toughest terrain; while inside, spacious heated and ventilated perforated leather-trimmed front seats let you enjoy it all in comfort. There’s even an available cooler box mounted in the center console to keep drinks nice and cool because taking a break from civilization doesn’t mean you can’t remain civilized.
The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide
Walla Walla has been said to have a rural chic Americana vibe – it’s a progressive community with an intrinsic affinity for art and culture while preserving its farmland heritage. One of the prominent, widely evident themes, amongst the community, is the institution of generational collaboration. From the vintners to the restauranteurs, the makers and small shop owners, those who live and work in Walla Walla, work together. There’s a common thread of honoring the land, the grapes, and their people. And they are more than willing to share the fruits (and stories) of their labor.
This is what makes Walla Walla so fascinating. It’s a unique breed of hospitality, one that feels warm, inviting, and familiar. There’s a sense of comfort in the Walla Walla Valley that encourages the slow and intentional experience.
Now let’s plan your trip.
Walla Walla Wineries
Below you’ll find a list of wineries and tasting rooms to add to your itinerary, categorized by each district. Please note: The list is very extensive, so if there are specific wineries you’re interested in, you can use the shortcut Control+F or Command+F to search for your favorites, and you’ll find the address next to it.
If wine is not your preference, Walla Walla also has a great selection of breweries, cideries & distilleries.
If you plan to explore beyond downtown Walla Walla I encourage you to book a wine tour or schedule a local car service to ensure a relaxing and safe trip.
Walla Walla’s historic downtown is home to nearly 40 tasting rooms. There’s a large concentration of tasting rooms within four blocks of Second Avenue and Main Street. All are within walking distance of chef-owned restaurants, accommodations, boutique shopping, and an award-winning, historic Main Street. Tasting rooms here represent wineries throughout the region.
While I encourage you to visit them all at some point, my personal favorites downtown Walla Walla are DAMA Wines, Foundry Vineyards, and Bledsoe Family Winery.
Walla Walla Wineries – Downtown
- Ardor Cellars: 202 East Main Street, Walla Walla, 99362
- Armstrong Family Winery: 14 W Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Barons Winery: 11 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Bergevin Lane Vineyards: 70 N Colville St Ste. 106, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Bledsoe Family Winery: 229 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Bontzu Cellars: 127 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Browne Family Vineyards: 31 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Bruno’s by Va Piano: 109 E Main St suite b, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Canoe Ridge Vineyard: 45 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Cayuse Vineyards: 17 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Charles Smith Wines: 35 S Spokane St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Corliss: 511 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- DAMA Wines: 123 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- El Corazon Winery: 37 S Palouse St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Elephant Seven: 134 W Poplar St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Forgeron Cellars: 33 W Birch St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Foundry Vineyards: 1111 Abadie St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- G. Cuneo Cellars: 18 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Gard Vintners Walla Walla Wine Tasting: 43 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Goose Ridge Winery: 9 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Gramercy Cellars: 635 N 13th Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Henry Earl Estates & Russell Creek: 25 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Kontos Cellars: 10 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Lagana Cellars: 16 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Lawrelin Wine Cellars: 14 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Locati Cellars: 6 W Rose St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Lodmell Cellars: 6 W Rose St #104, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Maison Bleue Family Winery: 20 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Mansion Creek Cellars: 6 W Rose St suite 105, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Mark Ryan Winery: 26 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Morell Family Vines & Studio Twozerotwo: 202 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Otis Kenyon Wine: 23 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Plumb Cellars: 39 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Seven Hills Winery: 212 N 3rd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Spring Valley Vineyard: 2 E Rose St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- SuLei Cellars: 17 N 2nd Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Time & Direction Wines: 4 N Spokane St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Trust Cellars: 760 C St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- TruthTeller Winery: 47 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Recommended Downtown District Winery: Dama Wines
DAMA Wines, one of Washington State’s few woman-owned wineries, embodies the spirit of pioneering women who have inspired passion, creativity and positive change for centuries. Every bottle of our wine contains a classic, every label is a work of art. Our efforts and our wines are dedicated to all women who, like great wines and true works of art, meet the challenges ahead of them with fortitude and style.
Recommended Downtown District Winery: Foundry Vineyards
Foundry Vineyards is dedicated to the creation of finely-crafted low intervention wines that express the unique terroir of their vineyard. Each hand crafted wine is overseen from the wine to bottle and the grapes are rigorously selected from the best lots. The award-winning wines produced are created with a combination of estate grown fruit from the Walla Walla Valley and thoughtfully sourced small-lot production from premier growing areas around Washington State.
Here you’ll find some of the most established wineries in the Walla Walla Valley, all ready to welcome you to town. Visitors driving into Walla Walla from this direction will find a string of wineries along Highway 12, including L’Ecole and Woodward Canyon, two of the Valley’s oldest.
Walla Walla Wineries – Westside
- Cougar Crest Winery: 50 Frenchtown Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Enchanted Cellars: 8052 Old Hwy 12, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- L’Ecole No. 41: 41 Lowden School Rd, Lowden, WA 99360
- Long Shadows Vintners: 1604 Frenchtown Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Reininger Winery: 5858 Old Hwy 12, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Skylite Cellars: 25 S Campbell Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Smoky Rose Cellars: 2428 Heritage Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- The Walls Vineyards: 1015 W Pine St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Three Rivers Winery: 5641 US-12, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Waterbrook Winery: 10518 US-12, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Woodward Canyon: 11920 W, US-12, Lowden, WA 99360
Located next to the Walla Walla Regional Airport, you’ll find a truly unique experience. More than a dozen wineries have set up inside old WWII-era mess halls, hanger buildings and firehouses. These function as both tasting rooms and production centers, including the Port of Walla Walla Incubator Program, which helps start-up wineries get off the ground.
If you had to pick just one tasting room in the Airport District, I recommend SMAK, a woman-owned, rosé-exclusive winery that believes rosé is a year-round varietal.
Walla Walla Wineries – Airport
- Adamant Cellars: 525 E Cessna Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Buty Winery: 535 E Cessna Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- CAVU Cellars: 175 E Aeronca Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Dillon Cellars: 596 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Dowsett Family Wines: 315 E Cessna Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Dunham Cellars: 150 E Boeing Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Elegante Cellars: 839 C St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Five Star Cellars: 840 C St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- itä wines: 600 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Nocking Point: 225 E Aeronca Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Palencia Winery: 600 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Prospice Wines: 145 E Curtis Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- SMAK Wines: 594 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- SYZYGY Winery: 405 E Boeing Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Tamarack Cellars: 700 C St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Tempus Cellars: 760 C St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- The Ink – Drink State Washington & External Wines: 602 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Walla Faces Winery: 598 Piper Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Recommended Airport District Winery: SMAK Wines
Located in Walla Walla’s Airport District of wineries, SMAK will bring you the ultimate Rosé experience. At SMAK, they are exclusively committed to Rosé production and believe that Rosé is not limited to a summer-time wine. Owner and winemaker, Fiona Mak, is a Master Sommelier and prominent business owner of a variety of dining establishments on the east coast.
Extending across the state line, Walla Walla’s southside wineries are largely set among estate vineyards, providing visitors with a traditional wine country touring experience. The bulk of the vineyards are located on the Southside of town, so these wineries pair spectacular views of the Walla Walla Valley with their highly acclaimed wines.
I recommend making Amavi Cellars, Pepper Bridge Winery, Sleight of Hand Cellars, Va Piano Vineyards, and Valdemar Estates a priority on your visit to the Southside. In addition to Castillo de Feliciana Vineyard & Winery – known for their famous sangria!
Walla Walla Wineries – Southside
- 21 Grams: 3802 Rolling Hills Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Amavi Cellars: 3796 Peppers Bridge Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Balboa Winery: 4169 Peppers Bridge Rd, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Basel Cellars Estate Winery: 2901 Old Milton Hwy, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Beresan Winery: 4169 Peppers Bridge Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Brook & Bull | Vital Wines: 1249 Lyday Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Canvasback: 1825 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Caprio Cellars: 1603 Whiteley Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Castillo de Feliciana Vineyard & Winery: 85728 Telephone Pole Road, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
- Don Carlo Vineyard: 52874 County Road, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
- Doubleback: 3853 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Dusted Valley Vintners: 1248 Old Milton Hwy, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Flying Trout: 3796 Peppers Bridge Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Garrison Creek Cellars: 4153 Hood Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Gifford Hirlinger: 1450 Stateline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Grosgrain Vineyards: 2158 Half Acre Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Isenhower Cellars: 3471 Pranger Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Kinhaven Winery: 1050 Merlot Drive, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Mackey Vineyards: 4122 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Northstar Winery: 1736 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Pepper Bridge Winery: 1704 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Rasa Vineyards: 4122 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Revelry Vintners: 3978 Peppers Bridge Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Reynvaan Family Vineyards: 6309 Cottonwood Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Rotie Cellars: 84328 Trumbull Ln, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
- RULO Winery: 3525 Pranger Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Saviah Cellars: 1979 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Sleight of Hand Cellars: 1959 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Solemn Cellars: 1825 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Tertulia Cellars: 1564 Whiteley Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Va Piano Vineyards: 1793 J B George Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Valdemar Estates: 3808 Rolling Hill Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Watermill Winery: 235 East Broadway Avenue, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
- Waters Winery: 3796 Peppers Bridge Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Zerba Cellars: 85530 Oregon 11, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
Recommended Southside District Winery: Va Piano Vineyards
The winery and estate tasting room is nestled on the south side of the Walla Walla Valley, about 10 minutes from Downtown Walla Walla. Va Piano Vineyard was planted in 2000. With an elevation of 850 feet, the 20-acre property has a primary focus on Red grape varietals. The vineyards are planted in silt loam and sand, as well as wind-blown glacial loess, which results in young, porous, and mineral-rich soil.
Recommended Southside District Winery: Amavi Cellars
Amavi Cellars signifies love (amor) and life (vita) through our wines, which are 100% estate, 100% Certified Sustainable, and 100% Walla Walla Valley.
Located in the heart of Walla Walla wine country, our winery & tasting room offer sweeping views of surrounding Pepper Bridge Vineyard as well as the beautiful Blue Mountains. Dedicated stewards of the land, we are committed to making a positive impact both within our estate vineyards and within our community.
On the far Eastside, visitors will find numerous award-winning wineries—along with the picturesque Mill Creek growing area.
Walla Walla Wineries – Eastside
- Abeja Inn & Winery: 2014 Mill Creek Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Aluvé: 100 ALUVÉ Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- aMaurice Cellars: 178 Vineyard Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- College Cellars: 3020 East Isaacs Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- FIGGINS: 2900 Melrose Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- K Vintners: 820 Mill Creek Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Leonetti Cellars: 1278 Berney Drive, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Tranche: 705 Berney Drive, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Walla Walla Vintners: 225 Vineyard Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Arts and Culture
In addition to painted skies and Tuscan-like vineyards, Walla Walla is also known for its creative hub of artists. From theatrical performances to hands-on workshops, and curated galleries, there’s a variety of experiences to enjoy year-round.
The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide – Arts & Culture
- Broel Studio: 4 East Main Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Brushes N’ Brix: 350 D Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Clay in Motion: 85301 Oregon 11, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
- Combine Art Collective: 130 East Rose Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Gesa Power House Theatre: 111 North 6th Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Grand Cinemas: 1325 West Poplar Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Harper Joy Theatre: 345 Boyer Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Kingfisher Gallery & Custom Framing: 11 South Spokane Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Klicker Berries & Antiques: 3300 East Isaacs Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Little Theatre of Walla Walla: 1130 East Sumach Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Sheehan Gallery – Whitman College Campus: 814 East Isaacs Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Stevens Gallery – Reid Center Whitman College: 280 Boyer Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Tamastslikt Cultural Institute: 47106 Wildhorse Boulevard, Pendleton, OR 97801
- Telander Gallery: 34 South Colville Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Walla Walla Symphony: 13 1/2 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Wenaha Gallery: 219 East Main Street, Dayton, WA 99328
Be sure to also check out the museums in the area if that’s of interest to you!
The Blue Mountains on Walla Walla’s doorstep provide numerous locations and trails to soak in the sun and scenic beauty of southeastern Washington. From hiking to mountain biking, golf and paddleboarding, Walla Walla offers a playground for all ages.
The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide – Outdoor Activities
- Bennington Lake: 3211 Reservoir Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Blue Mountain Lavender Farm: 345 Short Road, Touchet, WA 99360
- Lewis and Clark Trail State Park: 36149 U.S. 12, Dayton, WA 99328
- Blue Mountain Balloons: www.bluemountainballoons.com
Definitely make time to wander in and out of the shops on Main Street, and if you love music, check out Hot Poop, Walla Walla’s only Bing-Bang Stereo-Video shop for over 42 years. It’s actually Washington State’s oldest independent record store.
Hot Poop: 210 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Spas & Wellness
If you crave a little rest and relaxation during your visit, there’s also a few spas, salons, and fitness studios in downtown Walla Walla.
The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide – Where To Eat
Just as some of the country’s greatest winemakers have flocked to Walla Walla to start their own wineries, chefs from Seattle, San Francisco, New York, and other culinary capitals have followed to offer gourmet fare with a local twist at Walla Walla restaurants. Whether it’s fine dining or a casual meal, breakfast at the café, or an evening at the wine bar, there’s a Walla Walla restaurant for every palate. Sunset Magazine has called Walla Walla one of its favorite small-town foodie havens.
Below you’ll find my personal favorites.
Walla Walla Bread Co.
201 East Main Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
We take an all-natural approach to all things food. We believe in supporting the local farmers and growers and never add anything that is not grown naturally. Our artisan approach to the bread gives it the “old world” flavor and texture that sets apart from any other bread available. Stop in today to enjoy a free sample of any our products.
Everything we do is handcrafted with love. All of our bread are leavened with our sourdough cultures, making for amazing crusts and flavors. This is a true labor of love.
Order: Sourdough Pancake, Lox & Bagel Board, Avocado Tartine.
As a heads up – the pastries are so delicious they sell out fast, so check the schedule online, and show up when they open!
Maple Counter Cafe
209 E Alder St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Starting at dawn every day hand-squeezing juices and making numerous batters from coveted family recipes that hold true to our vision of a memorable meal.
Incorporating locally baked bread, fresh produce from nearby farms, custom-roasted coffee, and quality meats sourced from the Walla Walla region.
Three generations of restaurants in the Nagler family culminates in a dining experience steeped in the genuine warmth of old fashioned hospitality.
Order: Eggs Benedict, Strawberry-Granola Pancakes, Garden Scramble, Fresh Berries & Cream.
Maple Counter Cafe also has a Waffle Truck located right next door, open seasonally.
Beautifully nestled on 300 acres in the rolling fields of wheat and vineyards of Washington wine country, Eritage is only minutes from downtown Walla Walla and its regional airport. This intimate property is tucked within the vineyards and is designed to provide guests with an unparalleled Washington wine country experience with exceptional lodging and cuisine, as well as exclusive access to unique events and services.
The Eritage menu is inspired by the seasonal bounty of the region and our strong connections with local family farmers and suppliers. Our wine and cocktail menus showcase Washington wine, beer, and spirits, as well as special selections from around the world.
Eritage Resort and Restaurant are part of the well-known Fire & Vine Hospitality (El Gaucho, etc.)
Order: Butternut Squash Ravioli, Coffee Rubbed Filet Mignon, Foraged Wild Mushroom Toast.
I recommend tailoring your reservation around sunset, to ensure a beautiful backdrop, romantic dinner, followed by a glass of wine with dessert, fireside.
Walla Walla Steak Co.
416 North 2nd Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Walla Walla Steak Co. is your warm and authentic hometown steak house featuring locally-sourced ingredients, craft beers and an extensive local wine list. Our friendly and passionate staff welcomes you for dinner every day in our dining room, our historic rail car or offsite with our custom mobile kitchen. The historic train depot has long served as Walla Walla’s front door and Walla Walla Steak Co. and Crossbuck Brewing continue that tradition with two unique spaces united by warm hospitality and menus rooted in the agricultural bounty of Eastern Washington. Walla Walla Steak Co. and Crossbuck Brewing are led by a team of hospitality veterans and Walla Walla residents with deep local roots.
Order: Crispy Brussels, “The Hatchet” 34+oz. Bone-In Prime Ribeye – Carved Tableside For Two, King Salmon.
Walla Walla Steak Company are also part of Fire & Vine Hospitality.
Pine Cone Creamery
3 S Colville St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Pine Cone Creamery is a locally-owned business specializing in making premium hand-crafted ice cream in small batches, but we’re much more than terrifically delicious ice cream—Pine Cone is about bringing people together and celebrating life’s moments with the ones we love.
Our ice cream starts with premium milk, cream and sugar. The milk and cream that goes into our handcrafted ice cream is sourced from happy Whatcom County cows, right here in the state of Washington.
The ingredients we churn into our ice cream—homemade cookies, brownies and inclusions come right from our kitchen. We only use all-natural food dyes sourced from nature’s beautiful rainbow—blue and green spirulina, purple carrot, turmeric and beet extract to name a few.
Can’t have milk? Our selection of non-dairy ice creams are made with either coconut milk or oat milk and our sorbets are always made with real, fresh fruit. Both are always 100% Vegan Friendly.
Order: End of the Rainbow (tastes like Lucky Charms).
Pine Cone Creamery and Maple Counter Cafe are both owned by Kory and Rachel Nagler, who wanted to create a multi-generational community-gathering place where you could run into neighbors, spend time with friends and family, and make the vastness of the world feel a bit smaller by sharing a sweet treat with someone you love.
Where To Stay In Walla Walla
325 E Main St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
The Finch is Walla Walla’s newest and freshest hotel, located downtown, within easy walking distance to the best local restaurants and bars, tasting rooms, and boutiques.
Our little corner of downtown was designed specifically to help you get the most out of a stay in Walla Walla. Our team of recreation-lovers, wine aficionados, and foodies can’t wait to share their knowledge, enthusiasm, and suggestions as your area guides. And while we hope you’ll be spending plenty of time exploring outside this hotel, The FINCH has been thoughtfully designed to provide a distinctly Walla Walla feel. From oversized sitting areas, to our outdoor wood-burning fireplace and open-air courtyard, to the bustling downtown just a block away, to the information-filled local artwork thoughtfully created for each guestroom, our intention is to help you experience the best of Walla Walla.
The Finch offers 80 one-of-a-kind guestrooms and a contemporary, unique, and minimalist vibe with thoughtfully curated decor, utilizing Northwest suppliers and craftsmen and local artists. The rooms are simple, yet have everything you need, providing a comfortable respite and resources to explore the area.
Each guestroom includes:
- Custom, local artwork designed to create a truly Walla Walla aesthetic
- Comfortable pillow-top beds (even the bunks)
- Private bathroom with walk-in tile shower
- HD flat-screen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- MALIN+GOETZ amenities, including Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer, Rum Hand and Body Wash, Peppermint Shampoo and Cilantro Hair Conditioner
- Cozy FINCH bathrobes
- Hair dryers
- Fresh-roasted local LIVIT coffee in the lobby
- Partnership with the YMCA for guests to workout
- Covered outdoor sitting area with wood-burning fireplace
- Priority access to tastings at Abeja Monday – Wednesday
- A custom-designed Map Room featuring USGS maps and a collective work area with access to all the essentials, (computer, phone, printer, and copier) in an environment as cozy as your favorite coffee shop.
- Expert guide service can help with tour and ticket assistance, where to store your wine or bikes, where to pick up a locally-produced piece of art, and more.
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary parking
Accommodations fill up fast in Walla Walla so make sure to book your stay at The Finch asap!
Recap – The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide
Walla Walla is a not-so-hidden gem in the Pacific Northwest, and for good reason. Over the past few years, it has become increasingly popular for wine, leisure, and creative fine dining. Even if you’ve been before, I encourage you to visit again. There is always something new to see and experience in Walla Walla, and what a perfect opportunity to support our Northwest neighbors, while enjoying a dreamy local getaway.
Pin It – The Ultimate Walla Walla Travel Guide
Want to use this post to plan your trip? Just hit the ‘save’ button in the left-hand corner of the image below!