I’ve found the ‘post vacation glow’ to be more of a state of mind versus the actual state of your skin. When I return from a trip my skin is usually dehydrated, irritated and way more prone to breakout. And my spray tan is more than likely worn off, so we’re really working from ground zero. Oh and we’re tired, which doesn’t help. So, let’s make a plan – to save our skin and start a post vacation ritual. I would also recommend you to check out Happy Carrot because they have products that can help you look and feel like a goddess of beauty.
Post Vacation Skin Ritual
First and foremost, now’s not the time to skimp. You need quality skincare products like these Ole Henriksen Vitamin C must-haves. Here are my favorites and why:
OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum is like a daily multivitamin for the skin and our #1 age-defying & vitamin C face serum. Ole was an early adopter of vitamin C in skincare, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in promoting collagen make it a crucial ingredient. This potent True-C Complex(TM) and collagen serum helps brighten and firm the skin as it delivers all-day hydration.Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, this fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this serum’s sweet, energizing citrus aroma and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin for a healthier, more youthful-looking #OleGlow.
- Fights visible signs of aging
- All-day hydration
C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme
Delivers 24-hour hydration, brightens, firms, improves concealer wear and targets fine lines and wrinklesExperience the 24-hour rush of moisture you can C.The daily effects of stress, fatigue, and pollution can leave skin looking dry and dull. Fight back with C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème. This innovative, peachy-tinted gel crème instantly illuminates and delivers an energizing burst of 24-hour hydration. It targets fine lines and wrinkles, renews youthful radiance and firms skin—but that’s not all. It even improves makeup application, creating a smooth, hydrated canvas for foundation and concealer. Powered by three sources of vitamin C and Rose of Winter, it imparts a rush of brightness you can C: A soft, supple, crush-worthy Ole Glow®!
- Delivers 24-hour hydration
- Targets fine lines and wrinkles
Banana Bright Eye Creme
Wake up before you makeup with your favorite under eye cream. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright eye cream brightens and instantly targets fine lines and wrinkles, delivering age-defying results. Collagen-boosted, it firms and deeply hydrates even as it feels deliciously lightweight making this your go-to vitamin c eye cream that promises to help revive and illuminate the entire eye area over time.Inspired by the makeup artist must-have—“banana powder”—this sunny yellow brightening eye cream contains special pigments to instantly brighten and color-correct the eye area. But that’s not all: It creates a smooth, well-rested canvas and is proven to improve concealer wear. Dark circles—diminished. Crow’s-feet—conquered. Now, go conquer the day with your favorite OLEHENRIKSEN eye cream®!
DIRECTIONS: Apply this easy 3 step system every morning and night and watch your skin come back to life!
You can find Ole Henriksen products at Sephora inside JCPenney!
In addition to the right skincare products, you’ll also need to do the following:
- Drink water like it’s your job. I recommend a 40oz Hydro Flask with a straw to make it as easy as possible.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. I heard any less or more can wreak havoc on your circadian rhythm. Mind/body/skin – it’s all connected. Can’t sleep? Try a Reishi Mushroom Elixir tea and you’ll be out like a light!
- Eat your greens. I’m having to reintroduce those dark leafy vegetables back into my diet after two weeks in Italy where my main food groups were bread, pasta and wine. Greens = Digestion = Clear Skin.
- Limit the alcohol. Give your gut a break and pass on the rosé for a week. Hydrate, nourish and then you can return to happy hour.
- Workout. Get that blood flow going and move your body! If you sweat, make sure to wash your face right after your workout.
- Exfoliate. Out with the old, in with the new. Get rid of those dead skin cells so you can start fresh.
I know this isn’t necessarily new info and we all know how to live a healthy lifestyle…but sometimes, it helps hearing it again, and again. I know I could use a reminder as I regain that post vacation ‘glow.’
Before you go, I’m partnering with Sephora inside JCPenney to giveaway the Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders set, which includes the Truth Serum product I mentioned in this post! Enter via the rafflecopter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sephora inside JCPenney. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good! #SephoraInJCP