- Instant Clean: A bedroom naturally looks more organized and clean when the bed is made.
- Start the Day off Right: If you roll out of bed, and quickly straighten it up, you just had your first “win” for the day, before your shower or even coffee. When you accomplish something, no matter how simple, you feel better.
- Domino Effect: Making your bed is the gateway to creating a more organized life. If you struggle with keeping your home, office or car in order, this is your perfect starter kit. Once you see how quickly you can accomplish this task and how much of an impact it makes on your room appearance, you may start to explore other opportunities to clean or organize. You will then realize it actually doesn’t take much time or energy :)
- Set an Example for Your Family: This one brings me the most joy. After I make my own bed, I always make sure to make my daughter’s beds, as well. The best part is that my 4 year-old daughter has been watching me do it for so long, that she adopted this habit and the pride she feels is so awesome! It completely warms my heart that she picked up this routine, and even better, her 2 year-old sister is now watching both of us…hence do your family a favor and lead by example.
- Less Stress: “A study at UCLA found that just looking at clutter elevated women’s stress hormones.” (CNN.com) This one is pretty clear, a messy bed looks like clutter, which has been proven to cause stress. So, yes I will definitely continue to make my bed because I don’t need any more stress…do you?
- Go To Bed Happy: Slipping into a clean, crisp bed is pure heaven. It’s just so comforting (no pun intended) and sets the stage for a good night’s sleep.
Making your bed every morning is correlated with better productivity, a greater sense of well-being, and stronger skills at sticking with a budget…It’s not that a family meal or a tidy bed causes better grades or less frivolous spending. But somehow those initial shifts start chain reactions that help other good habits take hold. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Moral of the story: Make your bed Everyday & flourish in the positive energy it gives you and look forward to knowing you have a fresh, cozy bed to snuggle into at the end of the day. Sweet Dreams.
Need some bedroom inspo? Check out Home Depot coupons and promotions!